A Parish Pastoral Council is a consultative body which works with the Pastor regarding all matters pertaining to the pastoral life of the parish. The Pastoral Council involves priests and people in common study and resolution of the pastoral needs of the parish in order to facilitate pastoral planning for the parish, in accord with the universal and particular law of the Church. The Parish Pastoral Council Chairperson provides leadership and organization of the Parish Pastoral Council.
The Parish Council does not have decision-making authority, but rather undertakes study, analysis and reflection to identify the pastoral and practical needs of the parish.
- Collaborates with the Pastor in developing and reviewing the pastoral plan of the parish.
- Has an ongoing and open dialog with parishioners and parish ministries to assess their perspectives regarding the pastoral needs of the parish community.
- Be acquainted with the documents of the Church that help them to understand the vision of the Church and the nature of parish.
- Assists parish ministries in the implementation of the pastoral plan of the parish.
- Is available for meetings as required.
- Observes discretion in the confidential matters arising from Parish Pastoral Council.
Skills, Experience, and Qualifications
- Is registered and in good standing with the Church, Pastor and community.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Has an understanding of and commitment to the church as expressed in the teachings of the Church.
- Has an understanding of the distinctive characteristics of the parish, its ministries and its people.
- Is recognized within the parish community as a person of good reputation.
- Should be skilled in collaboration, interpersonal communication and group process.
- Additional skills that would be an asset are studies in Theology especially the theology of the Church, church history, ministry formation, etc.
- Is willing to participate in ongoing formation.
Parish Council at Our Lady Queen of Poland Parish meets usually on monthly basis. The exact dates are informed in the bulletin. If you are interested in this voluntary position please talk to the Pastor or come to the next meeting.